Resources and updates
CDC guidelines – essential reference
- CDC’s Nursing Home and Assisted Living Facilities (2015). Go-to resource for infection prevention and control in long term care facilities. It includes fact sheets, guidelines, tool kits, checklists regarding clinical staff, residents, prevention tools and links to numerous websites.
National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN) training
- CDC's long-term care training component
- Enrolling in NHSN
- Laboratory-identified (LabID) Event: C. difficile, MRSA, and other drug-resistant organisms
- Prevention process measures — hand hygiene, gloves and gown adherence
- CDC toolkit for LTC employers — To help encourage the vaccination of the workforce, this influenza toolkit for long-term care also contains lots of other resources.
- CDC's Solve the Outbreak App — Scientists and experts from across the CDC have put their expertise and know-how into developing a realistic, exciting app that turns your mobile tablet into its own version of CSI. Download the free app for your phone or play on the CDC website.
Healthcare associated infections and epidemiology
Improving the Care of Long-Term Care Facility Residents with Infections Course
Thank you for your interest in the online course Improving the Care of Long-Term Care Facility Residents with Infections. This free course is intended for nursing staff and emphasizes antimicrobial stewardship. Click this link to enroll: https://robinjump.coursesites.com/. Release date: June 1, 2015; expiration date: May 15, 2017
- To earn 3.0 Nursing Contact Hours (free), please complete the pre-course survey, the six modules and the post-course survey.
For course description, disclosures and how to enroll, view the Jump-Improving the Care Details (DOCX).